Stray Kids charted No. 1 on Billboard 200 with its eighth EP, according to the publication’s preview published on Sunday in the US.
EP “Rock-Star” is the band’s fourth consecutive album to achieve the feat, following previous EPs, “Oddinary” and “Maxident,” as well as third studio album “Five-Star.”
The eight-member act is the only K-pop band to top the main albums chart more than four times besides BTS that did so six times.
The band performed at 2023 Billboard Music Awards, putting on “Lalalala,” which fronted the new EP, as well as “S-Class,” the main track from third LP. It also nabbed the Top K-Pop Album award with the full album.
The eighth EP was rolled out on Nov. 10 and topped the iTunes top albums chart in 32 regions as did the lead single on top songs chart in 37. The album sold more than 2 million copies in two days.
BTS’ Jungkook sets another sales record with solo album
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- ‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- NMK to extend support for Korean galleries at six museums abroad
- Epitaph plaque for wife of first Korean diplomatic minister in US returns to Korea
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger